About Project 365

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is Year 2 of my Project365 blog. What is a Project 365? It's a photo challenge involving people from all over the world posting one photo per day throughout 2011. Some photographers choose themes, however for now my photos will be totally random. I will be shooting with my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi-18-55mm, 75-300mm zoom and 100mm 2.8 macro lenses. I edit in iPhoto and Photoshop Elements 9. Not all photos are "perfect"; the purpose is to make photography an everyday event.

I am not a professional. Photography has always been a diversion of mine. I am a primary grade teacher and passionate tech. enthusiast. I consider myself an experienced amateur with LOTS to learn!


You will find links to other photographers in the sidebar- do check them out! I have also joined the Flickr EdTech 365/2011 Group, and you can click this link to view the entire pool. I will be posting my photos to their group pool, as well as here on my photo blog. I welcome your constructive criticism!

Guidelines

1. Photos are to be taken in 2011.
2. Post your own work only.
3. Images may be edited or unedited- your choice.
4. Keep your images, text, and comments appropriate for all ages.
5. HAVE FUN!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

College Visit Weekend

So it's been a few days since my last post. Hopefully these 6 photos will make up for the lack of daily offerings! This weekend we drove to upstate New York to check out a college with my son. Along the drive we encountered an entire ridge of over 200 wind turbines! This is a very small portion of what we saw- just staggering!
Then there were the copious amounts of Canadian geese flocking in several open areas. (By the way, that's Quebec in the not-too-distant background.)
Then this morning we awoke in the Lake Placid area to some beautiful scenes poking through the morning fog...
...the above here is my favorite...
...and this is a calming scene as well...
...finishing up with a view of Whiteface, home of the 1980 Olympic ski jumping. Tonight we're all back at home, and enjoyed learning about a college many hours away, but are thankful to be home just the same!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful foggy fall shots! I like them all but I also like the 4th best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These are really captivating! I want to be there. And just because it's been mentioned already, I gotta say I LOVE the 4th shot as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the foggy shots, the swing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fog shots are really amazing! I'm sure the college is beautiful if in this area!

    ReplyDelete